Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Suprise Birthday Celebrations

As most of you will know Monday August the16th marked my 28th Birthday, but as our visitors pointed out, with us currenty classed as "visitors' to Canada my birthday could be celebrated from 5pm on Sunday the15th local time (12 midnight on the16th in the UK).

I had been talking for weeks about having an Indian meal as we hadn't had one since our visit to the UK in May.  So Nigel decided he would take me out on the Sunday evening.  So we left our house guests Kathryn and Luke to have a quiet night in while we headed out to the restaurant.  

About 15 minutes down the road Nige realised that he'd left his wallet at home and although I had mine Nige had insisted on going back to get his.  So after much muttering on my part we turned around and headed back home.  Now I've always thought myself as a rather observent person (and for those who know me really well, actually rather nosey!)  So I was rather shocked to find that whilst I had believed we were heading out to the restaurant, it had all been a plot to get me out of the house, so that Kathryn, Luke and our neighbours Samantha and Brian could activate 'Operation Suprise Party'.  In the 25 minutes we'd been out of the house, friends had arrived, tables had been laden with food and drink, and the house, inside and out had been decorated with balloons, banners and assorted birthday paraphernalia.

I was so shocked, especially when I heard all the details of the 'goings on' between everyone involved.  So thanks to my wonderful, yet extremely sneaky friends I had a great evening, plus I got to celebrate for an extra 7 hours!!!!!  


No comments: