Wednesday, 18 August 2010

A night with Michael Buble (well sort of!!)

Around 6 months ago I heard on the radio, on the way to work, that Michael Buble was coming to Calgary, so on my first break at work I jumped onto the internet and purchased a couple of tickets.  Nigel was initially determined not to go as he really isn't a fan, and we could have done with the money, but as we aren't sure if we'll be staying I wanted to make the most of it.  Eventually I managed to persuade Nigel to come with me so we headed off to the Sadledome.

We had spoken to friends of ours that had seen this particular concert in the UK and they had also told us how much they'd enjoyed the support act Naturally 7.  I'd known about them in the UK, but not really heard them preform and was not disappointed.  The band basically do what they call 'vocal play' where the seven members imitate the sound of a large variety of instruments with their voice.  I throughly recommend a quick visit to Youtube to have a look at their version of 'In The Air Tonight'.  

As for Michael, well it was amazing, and he was a definite entertainer, and despite Nigel's initial reluctance he actually really enjoyed it.  Both Nige and I were singing and swaying all night and I was dancing with my favorites.  

Below a few pictures (with the 'ye old faithful' iphone!) of another fantastic night.


        



No comments: