Monday, 4 October 2010

Model for a Day!

Whilst at work one afternoon, one of my co-workers mentioned that her daughter Beverly, who is a hairdresser, was looking for some models for the Allied Beauty Association Show.  I haven't done anything with my hair for sometime so offered to attend a trial to see if I would be suitable.  At the trial I met up with Bev and she discussed some styles and colours and arranged to come to the salon where she worked two days before the show to have my hair coloured and then go through the itinerary for the day.  


That Saturday I went to the salon, where i had another consult with Bev and the another award winning hairdresser Russel Surujbally from Ontario.  It wasn't until then that I realised just how big this show was in the hairdressing world.  The Calgary show is one on the largest beauty exhibition and educational event and being surrounded by young, thin girls, having come straight from a busy night shift I felt rather out of place.  After spending the day being weighted on and pampered, we all met up at the exhibition centre for a run through and then arranged to meet at 6:20am on the day of the show.



This is me just before leaving the house.

The first half of the day I was one of the 'live cut' models, where I would have my hair cut live on stage and below was taken just after i stepped on stage.

 .
In the afternoon my hair was styled in an 'up do' and I was to take part in the catwalk show and then had to pose with the other models while they preformed a live 'up do'.



  
I must admit that at first it was really strange having everyone weight on you, dressing you,  bringing you food and drink and touching up your make-up every 5 minutes, but if I'm honest it didn't take me long to start enjoying it!!  I had a great day in the life of a model with my 15 minutes of fame, I just wish I could have taken the make-up artist, stylist and hairdresser home with me!

No comments: